Monday, December 6, 2010

Holiday Gift Idea / Valerie's New Album in Production

Holiday Gift Idea   /   Valerie's New Album in Production 

 
Give Them Music! 

My first CD, No Drop of Love (Is Ever Wasted) will make a great gift for almost anyone on your list. Garnering rave reviews from respected music critics, the CD is still being discovered, one-by-one, by listeners all over the world.

If you're looking for an affordable, unique and memorable gift, go easy on yourself and choose No Drop of Love.

Available on iTunes and Amazon.com.

New Album in Production

We've been in the studio a total of six days.  Drums and basic guitars for most of the new songs are done.  Most songs have guitar overdubs and seven have the lead vocals recorded.

I think this record's collection is going to feel loose, fun, rich and beautiful and the genres presented are even more varied than on the first CD.

I'm very lucky to have many of the same musicians playing on this record as on the first.

Ellen Hoffman played two gorgeous piano pieces. Dave Tweedy is an amazing drummer.  Gawain Mathews is a 'G'enius guitarist. Jon Evans will be laying down more brilliant bass and Julie Wolf is coming in to give the songs some lovely keyboard texture.  Adam Munoz is at the controls, Buddha-like.  The mega-talented Ben Yonas is playing harmonium!  

I'm excited to introduce another drummer on two of the songs, my old friend, Duke Gadd.  Now I know what it means to have an embarrassment of riches.

We'll have some violins, cellos, horns, harmonium...  I'm hoping the same musicians who played these on the first CD will come back for this one.

Thank you for your continued support! It means the world to me.  I can't wait to share this new work with you!

My holiday wish for you: health, happiness, prosperity and a beautiful, peaceful world.

With love,
Valerie

PS If you'd like to forward this email to friends and family, I will not complain!  Please let them know that the first CD is available for purchase on my website and atAmazon.com and can be downloaded from iTunes.  You can also sign them up to receive my newsletter on my Friends page.

 
Jai Guru Dev

Posted via email from valeriejanlois's posterous

No comments:

Post a Comment